Wednesday, February 24, 2016

They Say A BLOG...



A BLOG! They say this is the next step to let the world know about me; Erin, this women that started watching children at 16.. now, 20-years later, after several careers, both undergraduate and graduate school, has somehow landed at mile 0 http://www.milezerokeywest.com/; with the Title "Business Owner" Key West Childcare http://www.keywestchildcare.net .

Contrary to many, I enjoy families; every family is a little different; you and I both know you have that "odd uncle" or that you get super stressed over the holidays.  Maybe you have that child that will always ask for one more goodnight story.  Or, maybe you have an infant you haven't left with anyone except your mother.

No matter what the situation is, more than likely, in the 20-years I've been taking care of kids, and families, I've probably been through a similar situation and therefore it's my pleasure to take on whatever the situation may be. Like, just this week, I was at The Pier House, https://www.pierhouse.com/; and I was introduced to a child with a vegan diet; I can now add that to my resume of attributes because it seems we made it through the dinner portion of the evening just fine!

I'm going to keep in short and simple. I love kids; I knew at a young age I didn't want to raise my own children --- however, as I took a look around, it was clear I was involved in hundreds of families life's; and watched so many children grow.  If anyone were to tell me one of the first little girls I took care of would be in the halls of a high school today, I would never have believed you. 

With that said, in January 2015, I took a good look around, I made an intention to turn my love of children and families into a career rather than a Saturday-night side-job. It's been an amazing ride, and I hope you join me for the journey. 


No comments: